Norton is committed to assisting the local community through:
- Having a residential workforce based in the City of Kalgoorlie Boulder and the Shire of Coolgardie;
- Supporting employees who are volunteering in the local community; and
- Sponsorship & donations.
Norton has approximately 320 employees, all residentially based between Kalgoorlie and nearby Coolgardie, including a locally based corporate office. In addition to this we value and support local businesses and contractors where possible.
Sponsorship/ donations to community events remains a key part of Norton’s proactive community engagement. This is generally in the form of small contributions (less than $1000) to organisations or individuals who meet our sponsorship guidelines. In this Norton seek to:
- Support community activities;
- Improve social wellbeing of disadvantaged groups;
- Obtain recognition/ engagement from target audiences;
- Support Norton staff in volunteering; and
- Promote Norton as a sustainable, safe, ethical, responsible and innovative organisation.
Norton welcomes requests for sponsorship and donations and encourages submissions using the forms on this page that demonstrate:
- Potential to develop strategic, long-term partnership with community organisations;
- Activities deemed to have significant local, state or national reach;
- Appropriate fit with Norton values;
- Relationship and connection to Norton and its community;
- Potential for broad community impact and/ or recognition;
- Support for non-profit organisations; and
- Potential to involve Norton employees, long-term contractors and their businesses.
In 2017 over $125,000 was provided to the community in sponsorship.
Norton is committed to ongoing engagement with the local communities within which it operates.